Our behavior and emotional health occur within a context. When one member of the family is struggling, all members are affected. Families are complex systems of both individual needs and goals and the families’ maintenance and growth. Usually, all family members are suffering to some extent. Family therapy works to untangle both individual and systematic difficulties.
Family therapy may focus on
- Improving communication and understanding
- Learning to solve conflicts and abusive behavior
- Coping with internal and external challenges that affect the whole family
- Building an emotionally healthy and supportive environment
- Exploring family rules, roles, and behavior
- Teaching parents strategies to understand and manage child behavior problems
Our family is supposed to be a safe and nurturing refuge from the outside. It is the place where we receive love, support, and understanding. Therapy is about protecting, supporting, and nurturing healthy relationships.
Child and family counseling in Great Neck
For child and family counseling, there is no better placed to look than Dr. Judith Geizhals. Dr. Geizhals is a Licensed Clinical Psychologist with offices in New York City and Great Neck. With over 25 years of experience, Dr. Geizhals works to create a genuine connection in therapy with her patients. She also offers online counseling for extra flexibility.
Please share this post!