Dr. Judith Geizhals has over 25 years of experience as a clinical psychologist Clinical Psychologist specializing in children, parenting, and helping adults with difficulties. In addition to therapy for children, teens, and adults, Dr. Geizhals provides psychological assessments.
Dr. Geizhals can help you deal with anxiety and depression, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), parent-phild relationships, incontinence/enuresis in children, and LGBTQI. When called for, mindfulness training may be included in your therapy..
To make an appointment with Dr. Geizhals, call today, or just fill out the contact form and click Send.
Selected Accomplishments/Demonstrated Skills
- Specialization in the treatment of incontinence and enuresis in children, often in partnership with urological clinics, physicians, and nurses. Dr Geizhals takes particular care of the impact this issue has on children and their parents.
- Built and maintained successful relationships within the community, with medical professionals, administrators, parents, and patients across various socioeconomic, educational, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Extensive research, and outreach, especially in the fields of Incontinence and Androgen Insensitivity Syndrome/Disorders of Sexual Development (AIS/DSD). Active participant in Pediatric Urology and LGBTQI conferences.
- Skilled in the treatment of early childhood issues, including feeding, sleeping and toilet training.
- Special interest in child development and growth 0-21 (birth to adult)
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist in Private Practice (New York, New York, Long Island, New York): Specialties include anxiety and depression, parenting issues, concerns about children and adolescents, incontinence and toilet re-training, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Mindfulness training, physical illnesses and Differences in Sexual Development, as well as forensic evaluations in custody, visitation and personal injury cases.
- Forensic Psychologist, Nassau County (Nassau County, New York): Handled forensic evaluations in child custody cases, frequently testifying in court in defense of research and findings.
- Radio Talk Show Host, WCWP Radio – Project Independence (Long Island, New York): Hosted radio show “Ask Dr. Judi” for WCWP’s Project Independence radio. Answered questions regarding psychological issues ranging from homosexuality, suicide, and seniors at risk.
- Board Member, Port Washington Counseling Center (Port Washington, New York):
- Staff Occupational Therapist at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine.
- Director of Adolescent and Adult Outpatient Treatment Program, Riverdale Mental Health Clinic. (Bronx, New York): Provided treatment modalities and staff training.
- Staff Psychologist, Pre-Kindergarten, Port Washington School District (Port Washington, New York): Duties included providing evaluations and remediations for children on their readiness in academic and social skills for school excellence.
- Staff Occupational Therapist, (Bronx, New York): Duties include the provision of Occupational Therapy evaluations to determine the treatment needs of school-aged children for the New York City Board of Education and in geriatric populations of private nursing homes.
- Staff Psychologist, South Shore Mental Health Clinic (Quincy, Massachusetts):
- Guest Lecturer, Columbia University (New York, New York): Lecturer of Child Development and Personality Disorders, Psychopathology.
- Guest Lecturer, Vince Lombardi School for Disabled Children, Parent resource centers, civic associations, nursing homes.
- Group therapy instructor, Led a 3-month group therapy program for mothers of incontinent children. Supervised a movement and play group where children used water to simulate relaxing and letting go of liquids.
- Ph.D. in School and Clinical Psychology, Hofstra University (Hempstead, New York).
- Master of Science in Occupational Therapy, Columbia University (New York, New York).
- Bachelors of Arts in Art History, New York University (Bronx, New York).
- Registered Psychologist, New York State
- Registered School Psychologist, New York State
- Certification: Bipolar Disorder Treatment, Harvard Medical School (Boston, Massachusetts).
- Certification: National Association of Family and Conciliation Courts (Madison, Wisconsin).
Professional Association Memberships
- American Psychological Association
- Nassau County Psychological Association
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
- American Urological Association
- AIS/DSD Conference attendee: 2013 (Boston, Massachusetts), 2014 (San Francisco, California), 2015 (Cincinatti, Ohio).
- AUA Annual Meeting attendee: 2013 (San Diego, California), 2014 (Orlando, Florida), 2015 (New Orleans, Louisiana).
- ASCC’s 6th International Symposium on Child Custody Evaluations in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Boces School conference for AIS/DSD in March 2014.
- Harvard University: Bipolar Disorder.
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
- 2015 AIS-DSD Symposium in Ghent, Belgium
- 2016 AIS-DSD Denver, Colorado, Presenter.
Research and publishing
Dr. Geizhals is currently revising a paper entitled “Incontinence and Family Therapy,” to be submitted for acceptance by the AUA. She hopes to report on her findings at the May convention.
Dr. Geizhals would like to investigate the possibility of introducing an OT/PT rotation through the Pediatric Urology Departments in order to:
- Aquatint OT and PT students with incontinence.
- Introduce them to biofeedback.
- Have them observe children at play and report any functional and emotional findings.
As reciprocation for this program, Dr. Geizhals would be pleased to present a seminar for OTs and PTs on early childhood emotional and developmental disorders.
Call now to speak to Dr. Judith Geizhals about how she can help you or your child, or just fill out the contact form and click Send.Please share this post!